Print a proof of enrolment letter
Students who require confirmation of their status at McGill can obtain a signed letter listing the terms in which they were registered by accessing their record in Minerva. If you need a form filled-out, click here.
- Log into Minerva
- Select the Student Menu
- Select the Student Records Menu
- Click Letters – Proof of Enrolment
- Select the appropriate term(s) and type of letter
- Click Submit/Print
- The letter will open in a PDF file which can then be printed or saved
Is the letter from Minerva official?
Yes, the enrolment letter produced in Minerva features McGill letterhead and uses data directly from your student record; it is considered official by third parties including:
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Immigration Québec (MICC)
- Local transport authorities (STM, AMT, etc.)
- Provincial health authorities
- RESP provider
- and many others
The organization wants an ink stamp, watermark or handwritten signature, what should I do?
The letter from Minerva is considered an original document. We suggest that you provide the organization an official copy of your transcript which is printed on the McGill secured red paper, it has a watermark and it is provided in a sealed envelope.
Still having trouble? The letter is not accepted?
If the organization you are providing the letter to does not accept it, please servicepoint [at] mcgill [dot] ca (subject: %5BSpecial%20Letters%20%26%20Forms%5D) (email Service Point) (click on the hyperlink to obtain a template) with the following information. The subject line of your email must be, including the brackets [Special Letters & Forms]:
- Name of organization
- Contact person (name, email, phone number)
- The reason why it was not accepted
The letter from Minerva does not provide the information I’m looking for, what should I do?
Other types of letters are available to students upon request at Service Point, such as:
- Special fee letter (i.e. fee estimate, proof of payment) - click here
- Work permit application
- Thesis submission
- Semester dates
- The language of instruction of the University
- McGill’s accreditation information
- 3-year degree (for Quebec students who have completed CEGEP)
Note: If you require a disciplinary letter report, contact the Dean of Students.
Alumni who were registered or graduated prior to Fall 2002:
Please visit the IT Knowledgebase to view how your McGill ID & Minerva PIN has changed.