MONTREAL IS A GREAT CITY TO STUDY—AND PLAY—IN. QS ranked Montreal as one of 2013’s Top 10 Best Student Cities in the world. Here are a few reasons why some 220,000 post-secondary students love living here:
- We’re affordable. Rent in Montreal is around 40% lower than in Toronto.
- We love to eat. Vibrant produce markets and outstanding restaurants (for every budget) helped make Montreal the only Canadian city in the DÉLICE global gourmand network.
- We’re diverse and open. Of 3.6 million residents in and around Montreal, nearly 800,000 were born outside of Canada, creating a rich cultural milieu.
- We mix old and new. Where else in Canada can you find beautiful 300-year-old stonework and sleek modern buildings on the same block?
- We’re global. No other city gives you that European feel without crossing an ocean.
- We’re creative. Music, video games, film, art: Montrealers love to make things—and to share the things they make.
- We’re easy to navigate. Grab a bus, duck into the Métro, or even borrow a bicycle. Getting around Montreal is simple, fast and affordable.
- We’re welcoming and safe. Montreal gives you big-city fun with the warmth of a town.